- To provide instruction in different studies of dancing and performing for serious dancers ages 5 to 18.
(7 and under are on the Petite Company, 8 to 18 are on the Company)
- To provide performance at local organizations and gain competition experience and regional competitions.
- To promote positive values through encouraging teamwork, responsibility, physical fitness, and creativity
- Dancers ages 5 to 7 should audition for the Petite Company.
- Dancers ages 8 to 17 with more than 1 year of competition experience should audition for the Int/Adv Company.
- Yes, outside of your class fees, there are additional costs for ALL Company dancers include choreography fees, costume fees, competition fees, travel expenses, company jackets, stage makeup, shoes, and tights.
- Each competition, you are required to pay an entry fee. The cost depends on the competition. Group dances range between $30-$40 per dance, per competition.
- Solo rehearsals are considered private lessons. The cost for a private lesson depends on the choreographer.
- Outside of the required weekly classes, our Company dancers will have required rehearsals closer to competitions. Those dates will be provided to our Company at a later time.
- Additional ballet classes may be required by the teacher, based on a student's level and ability. This will be determined after auditions.
Both Legacy Dance Int/Adv Company and Legacy Petite Dance Company attend:
- 2-3 regional competitions
- 1 national competition
- Conventions are optional
- Legacy Beg. Dance Company attends 2 regional competitions
Some competitions will be in Northwest Arkansas, but others may be 1 to 4 hours out of town.
The amount of Legacy Dance Int/Adv Company members vary from year to year. All returning members must re-audition every year.
- Company members are expected to be responsible, respectful, serious, and disciplined. They must come to classes, rehearsals, performances, competitions, etc. with a good attitude. Attending class is mandatory.
- Company Dancers must take a minimum of 3 required classes per week. (Example: I compete with Legacy's Tap Company, I take my tap company class, and 2 hours TLC/ballet) No exceptions.
- Bring ballet, tap and jazz shoes.
- You must wear a leotard and tights. You may wear dance shorts during our tap section. Hair MUST be pulled back at all times during the entire audition workshop.
- Everyone will be required to learn a tap, jazz and ballet piece during our audition workshop. We want to see a variety of what each child can do.
- Our auditions are conducted like a dance workshop. Everyone will learn from dance teachers outside of our studio, and hopefully, enjoy our audition workshop.
- There is a $25.00 fee that must be paid in advance to attend our audition workshop. That fee pays for travel expenses for our dance teachers from across the state that will be conducting the audition workshop.
- Bring WATER only. Eat before you come. No food will be permitted in the studio at any time.
- Make-up auditions may be scheduled. For more information, or to schedule a make up audition, e-mail email@example.com. Put "audition reschedule" in the subject line.